« Home | That Covers It... » | Jam-Packed » | Goggle.com » | Plagiarism » | One More Try... » | 'Cause This is Thriller... » | Lagniappe » | Fringe Benefits » | V is for Venger » | Have Mercy! »

Kudos


Well, this year marks some short-term goals being completed:

1) I finally have a comic book published
2) I trained for, and completed a triathlon
3) I am graduating college (actually this became more of a long-term goal!)

It’s such a great feeling for me to be able to sit back and put check marks next to things that I have “set out to do before I die”, and the feeling of satisfaction of knowing that I stuck through the tough times in order to appreciate the completion of these tasks.

The whole process with the Venger issue #1 was literally a whirlwind of steps that were completed in what I felt was a record time, and I have many people to thank for their contributions to this thrilling first issue. Please keep in mind that the demanding deadline we were facing was a result of wanting to release this issue in time for Wizard World Philly. First off, Matt, whose 7-page snippet of the story captured my attention right off the bat, did more than his share behind the scenes. He was the main reason we were able to offer this issue at such a low price, and still give the reader a poster and a CD with the entire comic on it (limited to first 50 purchases). He did such a good job as “coordinator” that this whole thing would not have been possible without his hard work, so give your props to my brutha-man! I knew he was the real deal whenever I wanted to find out “what happens next?” after my initial reading/rereading of the script. Issue #1 will definitely keep you wanting for more! Secondly, DADICUS colored practically the entire book in a matter of a weekend – literally. I was pulling my hair out wondering if the pages were going to be sent to me in time for the lettering (done by yours truly) and in enough time to be sent to the printers. He told me that I should expect to be impressed…impressed I was! Dude, you so rock! Thirdly, GNF’s last minute contribution caught me by a pleasant surprise – he really pulled through for us, and for that he’s at the top of my list of coolest people I know. His pinup his top-notch, to say the least…Lastly (but by no means least!) my wife, Angela, who allowed me the time to only say hello to her and my 19-month old son after coming home from school/work and head straight to my office and start drawing until time to go to bed for the last three weeks. In my defense, she is just as excited as I that this issue is coming out; at least that’s what I try to keep telling myself…

On a side note, I would also like to personally thank you, my peers that keep coming back to this blog (even though I keep it updated about every other week) and have shared your input, thoughts, and critiques in order that we could produce a higher quality book for you to read. This includes professionals (you know who you are) and also people like me who still get giddy as Christmas whenever Wednesday rolls around and the latest batch of comics are delivered to my local comic shops. My hat goes off to you all!

This is gonna be one heckuva series (7 issues), and I hope that by the end you will all agree.

J out.

How dare you be a bigger man than me by doing all of this with a family in tow, Now I look like the spoiled single guy! HA! HA! you are my new land speed record holder in the draw and ink catagory, you must have infinite patience for your work and that shows you care about it alot! I am proud to know you! and I am sure your family appreciates the hard work you were doing !

1.-Congratulations!
2.-Congratulations!
3.-Congratulations!

have a great day Jason!!..JESUS ANTONIO

Dadicus left a comment on one post saying something like "I wish everyone can see your work for Venger cause it puts everything else you post so far to shame" or SOMETHING LIKE THAT! Theres something to this page thats making me really like it. I dunno but everything gives off a nice feel to it. It seems to jammed pack but also just simple but effective..I especially like the bg and those lil wiggly marks on the chair. The bg on the 4th panel is just great...serious man...and also Im starting to wonder whats going on. I mean one page just isnt enough...post more please haha. But yeah if you can please mail me a copy of the first issue..I would gladly pay for it too hah. and congrats on finishing it all up!! Hopefully the next one will be a sinch compare to this right??

congratulations to you :) --kino--

congrats! :)

Congrats man! Your book will be published under what company?

More power to you! :)

Post a Comment