« Home | Hospital Woes » | Getting iNTiMATE » | Video Killed the...Comic Book Star? » | Warming Up: Part VIII » | OMAC, Anyone? » | Warming Up: Part VII » | Lucky Number 7even » | Warming Up: Part VI » | Warming Up: Part V » | Warming Up: Part IV »

Sundown



As I mentioned prior to this posting, Sundown has been a stretch for me artistically in that I have jumped head-first into very unfamiliar territory. Here I was thinking that I would specialize in the post-modern, high-tech, superhero settings in the comic book realm and I get a story set in 1880 instead =)

Just goes to show that expecting the unexpected is always a good adage to live by.

This is a panel from Sundown: Arizona issue 2. Here we find one of our main characters (along with a group of others) plunging deep into the heart of one of Sobrante’s mineshafts with nothing but a torch, a pistol, and his wits. The reason for all of this? You’ll just have to pick up issue 2 to find out! I would have posted a shot with the colors and lettering, but I wanted to give a “behind the scenes” type of image as you will be able to check out all of the cool effects, etc when the book comes out this September.

I may post up some images of another of the main characters, Clay (the roughneck sheriff and brother to the guy in the above panel) some other time. I must add that Jay did a really nice job with coming up with the different characters and giving them their own voice =) I only hope that my artwork will add that extra dimension to the story.

J out.

you could never tell its unfamiliar territory. The artwork is terrific looking Jason.Looks a lot different from your run on Venger. More solid and linear. Hmmm I have to try and pick up a copy next time at a comic shop.

Due out in September!

Interesting blog. I enjoyed your site and will be back again!
I have a Wedding Photographers Northampton site/blog. It pretty much covers Wedding Photographers Northampton related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Post a Comment