« Home | Warming Up: Part VIII » | OMAC, Anyone? » | Warming Up: Part VII » | Lucky Number 7even » | Warming Up: Part VI » | Warming Up: Part V » | Warming Up: Part IV » | The All-Stars Have Come Out Swinging! » | Warming Up: Part III » | Take Care O' Yourself! »

Video Killed the...Comic Book Star?



It seems I missed the boat regarding the Tuesday/Thursday “warm-up sketch sessions” as I cannot seem to remember to bring my sketchbook with me to scan the rest of the pages. Oh well, you are probably sick of seeing El Patron anyway =)

On a brighter note, follow this link to check out a blogger surprise I created using extremely high-tech equipment, lol. When you get to the page, simply download the link (dial-up users beware as it is a whopping 10 mb file!).

The artwork for Issue 2 of Sundown: Arizona is almost complete, and when I get the word from Arcana I plan on posting a couple of images from the book. This book is truly going to put the Western genre (long overdue) back on the map!

I will say this: this has definitely been the most challenging artwork I have ever been a part of, but a definite learning experience. The “hands-on” experience I am desperately trying to grab from this is improvement on my storytelling. It’s amazing how the little things that comic readers take for granted (or don’t even notice!) are often the reasons that certain books contain that specific “feel” to them. For instance, the size of the gutters, even the color of the gutters can affect a story tremendously. With Sundown, the story revolves around suspense. Mix that up with a generous dose of horror, and it’s no wonder that all the gutters tend to end up being black, and it’s amazing the effect it creates.

Hopefully, Sean (Arcana’s President/EIC) will shoot me over some sample colored pages soon to whet your appetite.

In the meantime, go have yourself a nice oatmeal and raisin cookie – they’re the coolest =)

J out.

Bring back El Patron!!! I love El Patron! He gives me reading pleasure in so many ways!

I will have my sketchbook with me next week, so don't fret, lol.

Did'ja check out the video?

No, I can't right now, I will check it some time latro.

hmmm...a movie, what a great idea! Now why didn't I think of that!

Shut up, Matt...technically you didn't (I didn't either for that matter), and quite trying to bust my chops already!!! LOL!!!

Always watching from the sidelines, never playing...Just kidding!

So what's this video of?

Jason!! let me know your favorite character so I can start your comission!!
Great day and Waht happen with the cover of El Patron!

or instead of the favorite character What about me doing a mock cover for your El Patron series!!

JESUS ANTONIO

KICK ASS!!!!!!!!!!, I still love it! (GOD I GET GAYER EVERY DAY?) F-you JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!


don't you love my possitive out look?

you know Im actully having an oatmeal raisin cookie that I got from SUBWAYS. cookies instead of chips man. Anyways I cant wait to see your new project and the movie hahahah I like the effects.

So how do I get this movie thing to work?

For those of you who can't view the movie (Kid Flash) just simply click on the link on this page, then click on the link entitled "El Patron" on the next page to download.

And J. Antonio - I'd love to see your rendition of El Patron for a cover!

And as far as the commission goes, I'd like to have one of any of your original characters or maybe a Mexican superhero. This would be more personal since anyone can draw Batman, etc. Thanks!!

Well I am going to draw the comission using el Patron i am sure We are going to be plenty of time so You can have more work done by me :).
I am going to have a Kick ass Cover using el Patro just give some days!!!....JESUS ANTONIO

Works for me! Thanks!!!

Post a Comment